- Check Up & Clean
- A regular check up& clean, (usually every 6mths) will give your dentist the opportunity to give your mouth a complete check over, and see if there are any issues forming. This is preventative dentistry.
- If left untreated, these issues can become more painful and costly later down the track.
- If a dentist is able to examine a patient’s teeth and gums at regular intervals (i.e every six months), problems or treatment needs may be detected and resolved before they become serious.
- Dentists also;
- demonstrate proper methods of brushing and flossing teeth and gums
- advise patient’s on what is causing their oral health issues
- prescribe treatment and home care products to combat dental disease
- In order to deliver the correct advice, a patient is encourage to be thorough and honest on the Medical and Dental History.
Prevent dental problems before they occur
Often, patients will wait until they feel pain before making an appointment – however at this stage it is often too late to be a simple fix! This can cause pain in your mouth… and your wallet.
Make sure to book your forward regular appointment at your next visit, or make an appointment when your recall is due, (we will send you a letter or give you a call).
How much will it cost?
A Check Up& Clean is $280 which is inclusive of any xrays that may be required, (usually upon an initial visit). We may be able to use recent x-rays from your previous dentist if they are available.
If you are wanting to discuss your dental needs, a consultation is $65.
If you are a member of a private health fund, these costings may be covered depending on your provider and level of cover you have taken. Best to ask your provider.
Other treatments are difficult to price specifically as they are a case-by-case nature, however your dentist will be able to give you an idea on price for further treatments if they are required at your appointment, and will try to work within your budget. Again if have private health cover, ask your provider what level of coverage you can expect.